The southeast's largest playground, featuring a 21st century, 30,000-square-foot playground, separated into different play areas based on age, for children ages 6 months to 12 years old.
All structures on the playground promote physical activities - from providing greater freedom to run, jump, and climb, to supporting reduced stress levels.
- 80 play activities, 73 of which are inclusive to children with accessibility needs
- A custom We-Go Swing allows accessibility to children with and without wheelchairs
- The Wedra: a unique play structure for ages 6-23 months - which is the first play structure in the world with this design
- The Hedra® Tower: designed for children ages 5-12 - and is the fourth play structure in the country with this design
- Shade structures covering 75 percent of the playground: making the area below up to 30 degrees cooler for year-round outdoor play
- Spotter’s Adventure Trail (a museum walking trail) and The Den (an outdoor pavilion). The 8-foot-wide Spotter’s Adventure Trail will be located east of the playground and will lead the way to conveniently visit both museums and the playground. The trail will feature a fun and interactive outdoor experience with Spotter the Otter and friends.
Regular Hours: M-F: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m., Sat: 9 a.m. - 5 p.m., and Sun: 1 p.m. - 5 p.m. The playground will be closed on New Year's Day, Easter, Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Friday after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year's Eve
Regular museum admission applies at both the MS Children's Museum and MS Museum of Natural Science
- Wheelchair Accessible
- Family Friendly
- Good for Groups
Guide to the Mississippi Science Fest
Are you ready for an exciting journey into the world of science, technology, engineering, arts and mathematics (STEAM)?
Community Commitment: Angel Rohnke
Angle Rohnke has been the Director of the newly formed LeFleur's Bluff Education and Tourism Complex (officially) since October 2021. She's been instrumental in the planning and execution the new 30,000 square…
LeFleur’s Bluff Playground Now Open for Free, Accessible Play
The Mississippi Department of Wildlife, Fisheries and Park's Museum of Natural Science and the Mississippi Children's Museum cut the ribbon on the new state-of-the-art playground at the LeFleur's Bluff Education and Tourism…