Submit Your Event
This calendar of events is offered to keep potential visitors (and locals) aware of all the City With Soul has to offer.
It is full of events intended to promote our tourism and hospitality industry, and to help plan trips and increase economic impact resulting from those trips. We work to present a positive image of Jackson and showcase the events in Jackson, with a focus on promoting our partners.
Note: Your event will not automatically be added to the calendar once you click "Submit Event." It will first go through an approval process, which could take up to 3 business days, to make sure it is appropriate for our listings and that it contains all the information needed.
When submitting to this calendar, keep in mind:
The calendar is restricted to events sponsored, supported, or taking place at community partners of Visit Jackson.
- Events should showcase hospitality, history, culture, cuisine, sports, concerts, theater, museum exhibitions, seasonal events and festivals in the city limits of Jackson, Mississippi.
- Events must be open to the public, free or ticketed.
- Events that may not be considered include fundraising and donation appeals, political events and rallies, networking or business training events (such as chamber meetings, award banquets and socials), job fairs, public hearings, religious services, retail store discounts, special offers or happy hours, summer camps or long-term classes, real estate functions, events not attached to a Visit Jackson partner location (museum, restaurant, hotel, event venue, etc.), or events deemed not to be mass appeal to visitors or locals.
- Certain special events to considered if additional activities are present: retail events/open houses (may include entertainment, music, tastings, guest appearances, signings and/or demos), special dining events (wine or chef's dinners, holiday meals with entertainment), one or consecutive two-day classes or tours, special community-wide sales events or multi-vendor markets, admission that is waived for an activity or attraction that occurs for multiple days.
* Before submitting your event, please verify that it is not already listed on the calendar.
- Event dates, times, and location should be final, but if things were to change, we can make updates. Simply email us.
- Descriptions should be in sentence form (do not use all-caps). Please double-check your content for accuracy before submitting.
- Descriptions are restricted to the event itself and should not include time, costs, dates, phone numbers, etc., as there are separate areas on the submission form to include such information.
- Include a high-quality photo in landscape orientation, in 3:2 proportion. Please do not submit images smaller than 1280x853 or larger than 1MB. Event flyers and portrait-oriented photos will not be used, therefore, your event may not be approved until we have an acceptable photo. In submitting photography, you are certifying you have rights to that image and you are allowing us the rights to use the photography for the purposes of promoting Jackson as a destination in promotional or marketing efforts. Photos, not logos, must be submitted.
- Events should be submitted at least two weeks in advance of the event occurrence to ensure adequate notice to the public.
- Visit Jackson reserves the right to edit descriptions and is not responsible for errors submitted via the form.
Visit Jackson reserves the right to accept or reject a submitted event for any reason.