The southeast's largest playground, featuring a 21st century, 30,000-square-foot playground, separated into different play areas based on age, for children ages 6 months to 12 years old.
All structures on the playground promote physical activities - from providing greater freedom to run, jump, and climb, to supporting reduced stress levels.
• 80 play activities, 73 of which are inclusive to children with accessibility needs
• A custom We-Go Swing allows accessibility to children with and without wheelchairs
• The Wedra: a unique play structure for ages 6-23 months - which is the first play structure in the world with this design
• The Hedra® Tower: designed for children ages 5-12 - and is the fourth play structure in the country with this design
• Shade structures covering 75 percent of the playground: making the area below up to 30 degrees cooler for year-round outdoor play
• Spotter’s Adventure Trail (a museum walking trail) and The Den (an outdoor pavilion) are scheduled to open in early summer 2022.
• The 8-foot-wide Spotter’s Adventure Trail will be located east of the playground and will lead the way to conveniently visit both museums and the playground. The trail will feature a fun and interactive outdoor experience with Spotter the Otter and friends.
Regular Hours: M-F: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m., Sat: 9 a.m. - 5 p.m., and Sun: 1 p.m. - 5 p.m. The playground will be closed on New Year's Day, Easter, Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Friday after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year's Eve
Museums: Regular museum admission applies at both the MS Children's Museum and MS Museum of Natural Science
- Wheelchair Accessible
- Stage Available
- Venue Rental
- Off-site Food Allowed
- On-Site Parking
- Tables and Chairs Available