Veteran's Memorial Stadium (The Vet) was originally built in 1950 is owned and operated by Jackson State University. After expanding in 1980, and more recent modifications it now accommodates 44,215 people with bleacher seating. This great facility's horseshoe configuration is ideally suited for sporting events, concerts and other performance events and is available for rentals.
The Lee E. Williams Athletic and Assembly Center is an 8,000-seat multi-purpose arena that accommodates Jackson State athletic coaches offices, administration offices, training rooms, meeting spaces, and concessions.
It was built in 1981 and is home to the Jackson State Tigers women's and men's basketball teams.
Robert "Bob" Braddy Field is home to the Jackson State Tigers baseball team.
Originally known as Jackson State University Baseball Complex, it was renamed prior to the 2010 season for former JSU head baseball coach Robert Braddy. Braddy who spent 27 years as the coach for the Tigers.
He coached the Tigers from 1973 through 2000, retiring with an 824–546 win-loss record, establishing a new Southwestern Athletic Conference (SWAC) record for wins.
Braddy's teams also won 12 SWAC championships and reached the NCAA Division I Baseball Tournament three times.
After stepping down as coach, Braddy served as athletic director until 2011. Braddy was elected to the American Baseball Coaches Association Hall of Fame in 2003, the National College Baseball Hall of Fame in 2016, and the Mississippi Sports Hall of Fame in 2017. The facility opened in 2006, the facility has a capacity of 800 spectators.
The Walter Payton Recreation & Wellness Center offers some of the most popular programs and services at JSU. Engaging over 8,500 students annually, programs include Fitness and Wellness services, Free Group Fitness Classes with membership, Personal Fitness Training, Intramural Sports, Community Leagues, Club Sports, Nutrition Consultations, Wellness Seminars, and Premium Classes.
Recreation space in the 95,000 square foot Walter Payton Center includes cardio exercise equipment, strength machines, free weights, 3 basketball courts, 3 racquetball courts, 1 squash court, and 4 fitness studios. Adjacent to the center are 12 outdoor tennis courts, an outdoor track, and 2 outdoor sport fields.
Leadership and management of the center is provided by a full time professional staff of 4 and a part-time staff of 18, and student staff of approximately 70, which makes the Department of Campus Recreation the largest student employer on campus.
T.B. Ellis Gymnasium serves as the primary location for Jackson State’s volleyball program.
T.B. Ellis Gymnasium is named after Tellis Burthorne Ellis Jr who was an American football and basketball coach at Jackson State. He led the Tigers to a 24–21–3 record from 1946 to 1951 before being replaced by future College Football Hall of Fame coach John Merritt. He was educated at Morehouse College and Boston University.
T.B. Ellis Gymnasium and the football training facility were named in his honor.
The Jackson State Tennis Center is a public tennis establishment situated at 833 Walter Payton Dr, Jackson, MS 39204.
The facility has 12 tennis hard courts currently and house both men's and women's Jackson State Tennis programs.