Will You Be Jackson's Next 'Miss Hospitality?
March 25, 2021
Visit Jackson is seeking candidates for the title of Miss Jackson Hospitality.
The winner receives a $1,250 college scholarship.
The young women selected will compete in the Mississippi Miss Hospitality state competition later this year.
Applications, due March 29, are available in Jackson high school student life offices/school counselors’ offices or contact Jackson Director Laura Vogelsang at (601) 960-1891 or email@example.com.
Contestant requirements, per State Pageant Guidelines are:
- Must represent Jackson as either a current resident or student
- Must have never been married or have children
- Must be between the ages of 18-24 on or before July 11, 2021
- Must not currently hold a title that would interfere with her duties as the Local or State Miss Hospitality
- Must have a 2.5 scholastic average (on a 4.0 system) for the last completed semester. A transcript must be provided with the application
- Must be in good health and able to attend several signature events throughout the year
- Must not have been a contestant in the State Pageant the prior year
The winner must participate in the State’s Miss Hospitality Pageant in Hattiesburg, MS July 11-17, 2021. A printable flyer can be found here.
Established in 1949, under Governor Fielding Wright and the Mississippi Legislature, the Mississippi Miss Hospitality Competition has been established for more than 70 years. Throughout this time, the program has championed the state’s tourism and economic development sectors while supporting Mississippi’s best and brightest young women through a robust scholarship program.