Visit Jackson Unveils 2022 Tour Guide
February 7, 2022
Visit Jackson unveiled its official 2022 Jxn Tour Guide today, designed to inspire visitors and locals alike to explore the City With Soul during Jackson’s Bicentennial year.
Featuring 78 colorful pages of stories on local people and events, beautiful photos, maps, and listings for restaurants and lodging, the publication distributes 40,000 copies annually.
Within the pages of the 2022 Jxn Tour Guide, readers will find:
- A special feature on the city’s past, present and future, written by Jackson’s First Lady, Dr. Ebony Lumumba
- A salute to Jackson visionaries Holly Lange, Mississippi Book Festival founder; Dr. Robert Luckett, Jr., professor of history at Jackson State University and director of the Margaret Walker Center; Dr. Roderick Little, Director of Bands for JSU’s Sonic Boom of the South; Ninah Parikh, Director of the Mississippi Film Office; and Nick Wallace, celebrity chef, philanthropist and proprietor of the Nissan Café at the Two Mississippi Museums
- The history of a Jackson original, comeback sauce
- A salute to longstanding events
- A look at the city’s colleges
- The Neighborhood guide, showcasing the unique personalities of the city’s most prominent areas of town.
The Jxn Tour Guide is available for free at the JXN Welcome Center at 308 East Pearl Street in Downtown Jackson, at Jackson hotels, restaurants and attractions, and welcome centers across the state of Mississippi.
To see the guide online or to request a physical copy of the publication, click here.
Yolanda Clay-Moore - ycmoore @ visitjackson.com - or 601.345.2588 for interviews, statements and story ideas.