Visit Jackson Extends Call For Miss Jackson Hospitality
January 25, 2022
Visit Jackson is calling for contestants for the next Miss Jackson Hospitality to wear the crown.
Miss Jackson Hospitality serves as the City of Jackson’s goodwill ambassador for tourism, and competes in the Mississippi Hospitality state competition July 15 -16, 2022 in Hattiesburg, MS.
The winner will also receive a $1,250 college scholarship.
Applications are being accepted for the Hospitality Tea Competion until Friday, February 18, 2022. Please contact Jackson Director, Laura Vogelsang, at (601) 960-1891 or lvogelsang at visitjackson.com for more information or to request an application.
Contestants are judged by an interview competition and community commercial competition which consists of a 20 second Jackson commercial. Contenders will be scheduled individually and can compete in-person or virtually.
Per State Pageant Guidelines, Contestant Requirements are:
- Must represent Jackson as either a current resident or student
- Must have never been married or have children
- Must be between the ages of 18-24 on or before July 11, 2022
- Must not currently hold a title that would interfere with her duties as the Local or State Miss Hospitality
- Must have a 2.5 scholastic average (on a 4.0 system) for the last completed semester. A transcript must be provided with the application
- Must be in good health and able to attend several signature events throughout the year
- Must not have been a contestant in the State Pageant the prior year
About the Mississippi Miss Hospitality Pageant
Established in 1949, under Governor Fielding Wright and the Mississippi Legislature, the Mississippi Miss Hospitality Competition has been established for more than 70 years. Throughout this time, the program has championed the state’s tourism and economic development sectors while supporting Mississippi’s best and brightest young women through a robust scholarship program.
Pictured above: 2021 Miss Jackson Hospitality Makayla Dillard and Little Miss Jackson Hospitality Brecken Barrett
Yolanda Clay-Moore - firstname.lastname@example.org - or 601.345.2588 for interviews, statements and story ideas.