LUCKY LEAF EXPO BRINGING CANNABIS CONFERENCE TO JXN
September 23, 2022
Lucky Leaf will feature 150 booths, over 50 speakers and over 30 educational sessions and live demos at Lucky Leaf Expo’s Jackson convention, where new and established cannabis businesses can leverage the medical cannabis market’s unparalleled potential in Mississippi.
Mississippi voters legalized medical cannabis in 2020, but it was overturned on a technicality. New legislation creating a medical cannabis program in the state, SB2095, was passed on February 2, 2022.
Unlike most medical cannabis markets, there will be no cap on the number of approved cannabis businesses in the state. This brings significant opportunities for businesses and consumers alike in Mississippi.
The state is joining a multi-billion dollar national market, where medical cannabis sales in the U.S. reached $17.5 billion last year.
“I am excited to see folks who call Mississippi home permitted access to the medicinal benefits of cannabis,” said Tyrone Russell, President of Cleveland School of Cannabis and a speaker at the Jackson, Mississippi conference. “In terms of market economy, it’s no secret that Mississippi has some of the highest poverty rates in the country. In addition to the tax revenue on cannabis, growing the agricultural leg in the state is promising as a means to remedy this. In order for any of this to work, education for the general public, patients, politicians and workforce will be critical to the sustainability and success of the Mississippi market.”
Russell will speak on educating government officials about cannabis to create a sustainable new market.
Programming will also include:
- Shifting The Stress Reaction with CBD, led by Dr. Bridget Williams, owner of Green Harvest Health
- Cannabis Security from Application to Open, led by Tony Gallo, security consulting and Managing Partner with Sapphire Risk Advisory Group
- How Aquaponic Production Can Increase Flavor, Speed of Growth, & Profits, led by Stephen Raisner of Potent Ponics
- Safe, Secure, and Legal Credit Card Processing, led by Andy Anderson, Senior Manager and “Turn-Around-Specialist” for failing businesses
- Protecting Your Green: Utilizing Payroll, HR, and Timekeeping to Keep Your Cannabis Operation Compliant, led by Teresa Kearney, VP of Sales for Panacea
- PayrollLong-Term Community Development Through Cannabis Education & The Need for Professional Cannabis Education to Enhance and Develop the
- Cannabis Industry, both sessions led by Kevin Greene, co-founder of The Cleveland School of Cannabis
Tickets to enter the Jackson conference begin at $35 and can be purchased here.