Visit Jackson & Hank Aaron Sports Academy Offering Shuttle for Dec. 3 Game
November 30, 2022
Visit Jackson and the Hank Aaron Sports Academy are partnering again to provide gameday parking and shuttle service for the Cricket Southwestern Athletic Conference (SWAC) Football Championship presented by Pepsi Zero Sugar at Mississippi Veteran's Memorial Stadium (The Vet), Saturday, December 3.
The kickoff is scheduled for 3 pm. Gates will open at noon.
A $20 parking fee (debit and credit cards only) is required to access the free roundtrip shuttle service from 11 am – 8 pm from Smith-Wills Stadium, located at 1200 Lakeland Drive, Jackson (2.6 miles from The Vet).
"We encourage fans to take advantage of this option," said Yolanda Clay-Moore, Visit Jackson's Director of Communications. "Traffic congestion is inevitable, but this is a viable option to mitigate some of the traffic. I had a friend who raved about her experience, saying she'll never drive again if the shuttle is an option. She had a great experience for homecoming."
The shuttle drop-off and pick-up will be near Gate 4-B at The Vet. The first shuttle will depart at 11 am and the last shuttle will depart The Vet at 8 pm. Security is not offered after the last shuttle returns.
Shuttles will run with an escort every 45 minutes to 1 hour, depending on traffic throughout the competition, with a short break at the beginning of the third quarter before shuttles start transporting fans back to Smith-Wills.
Important to Know:
• Friday, December 2: Tailgating will begin at 6 pm
• Saturday, December 3: Parking Lots at The Vet will open at 6 am
Vehicles are not permitted to enter tailgate area after 7:30 am
Additional Parking locations (the Visit Jackson shuttle pickup is NOT offered from these lots):
• Onsite at The Vet near Backyard Burger on State Street - $40
• Farmer’s Market located on West Street across from The Vet - $100 for cars, $250 for buses and charters
• Smith-Wills Stadium parking and shuttle runs from 11am – 8 pm
• No buses are permitted to park in Lot A
• All vehicles parked at any lot at The Vet without a proper decal will be towed at the owner’s expense
• There will be a 5th quarter (Battle of the Bands: Sonic Boom of the South vs. The Human Jukebox) and trophy presentation following the game
Check out our game day guide