Bicentennial-Themed ‘Passport’ Now Available for Jxn Exploration
February 7, 2022
The Metro Jackson Attractions Association, in partnership with Visit Jackson, has launched a Bicentennial-edition of their popular Metro Jackson Passport.
The 2022 printing, with an embossed gold cover bearing the Bicentennial logo, was unveiled the Metro Jackson Passport on Monday.
A small, bound book – the size of a traveler’s passport – invites visitors and locals alike to visit landmarks of the city, collecting stamps from participating members. Information within the passport gives a glimpse of locations, descriptions and contact information for several local attractions and restaurants. The passport is free.
Once at least six stamps are collected, the passport can be redeemed at the JXN Welcome Center (308 E. Pearl Street downtown), Monday-Friday, 10 a.m. – 4 p.m., to claim a t-shirt. Out-of-town visitors can also redeem passports by mail if time doesn’t permit an in-person redemption.
"We are delighted to launch the 2022 Passport in coordination with the city's Bicentennial year," said MJAA Board President Rachel Myers. "The guide is designed to be an interactive way to experience all of our MJAA organizations. We hope visitors and residents alike will grab a passport and seek out some new spots in our city to visit this year. Our sites are ready to welcome you!"
Passports will be available at the following partner locations:
- Aplos Restaurant
- Arts Center of Mississippi
- BRAVO! Italian Restaurant & Bar
- Broad Street Baking Company & Cafe
- COFO Civil Rights Education Center
- Eudora Welty House and Garden
- Fairview Inn
- Highland Village **
- Hilton Jackson
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Jackson Fondren Medical District
- International Museum of Muslim Cultures
- Margaret Walker Center
- The Manship Wood Fire Kitchen
- MDWFP's Museum of Natural Science
- Mississippi Agriculture & Forestry Museum
- Mississippi Children's Museum
- Mississippi Governor's Mansion
- Mississippi Museum of Art
- Mississippi Sports Hall of Fame & Museum
- Mississippi State Capitol
- Municipal Art Gallery
- Outlets of Mississippi
- Sal & Mookie's New York Pizza & Ice Cream Joint
- Smith Robertson Museum & Cultural Center
- Thalia Mara Hall**
- Two Mississippi Museums
(**Location does not stamp)
Yolanda Clay-Moore - ycmoore @ visitjackson.com - or 601.345.2588 for interviews, statements and story ideas.