Hal's St. Paddy's Parade & Festival Detailed
Hal’s St. Paddy’s Parade & Festival is officially returning to the streets of downtown Jackson on Saturday, March 26, 2022.
“Mississippi’s Green Mardi Gras” is making a highly-anticipated and welcome comeback after a two-year hiatus. As in past years, the weekend event will feature both the community-driven parade, as well as the annual afterparty at Hal & Mal’s.
“We are incredibly excited for this year’s parade and events,” says Malcolm White, parade founder and owner of Hal & Mal’s. “After these last two years, we wanted to pick a theme that represents both our community getting to come together again, as well as Jackson’s celebration of its bicentennial.”
This year’s theme is “Go Big & Come Home,” and is a collaboration with Visit Jackson and the Jackson Bicentennial campaign. The Grand Marshal is Alexander “Trace” Armstrong Alston III, a proud Jacksonian and longtime parade member with the marching Rude Men Crew. Proceeds from the parade and festival will benefit Children’s of Mississippi, the state's only pediatric hospital and research center.
“Hal’s St. Paddy’s Parade & Festival has brought joy to Jackson for decades, all while supporting children’s health care,” said Guy Giesecke, CEO of Children’s of Mississippi.
“Thanks to the support and recognition from this annual event, Children’s of Mississippi has received community support to help us grow. We’re grateful to Malcolm White and the Hal’s St. Paddy’s Parade & Festival team and are happy to see it return.”
THE Sweet Potato Queen®, Jill Conner Browne, said, "It is about having a wonderful time, but it's also for a really high purpose." Browne and her marching "wannabes" will be a large part of the parade.
The Afterparty at Hal and Mal's will feature live music from The Molly Ringwalds, Mustache The Band, FrazierBand, Southern Komfort Brass Band, and the Collective featuring DJ Cadillac, DJ URI, and DJ Tam.
The parade is made possible by support from The Community Foundation of Mississippi, Visit Jackson, Capital City Beverages, and Downtown Jackson Partners. For more information, visit halsstpaddysparade.com.
7 am - Float Lineup Begins begins at corner of State Street and Court Street
9 am - Hal's St. Paddy's Children Festivalat West Street in front of Thalia Mara Hall
10 am - The MARL Pet Parade at West Street in front of the Mississippi Museum of Art
11 am - Hal's St. Paddy's Children Paradeat West Street in front of the Mississippi Museum of Art
1 pm - Hal's St. Paddy's Parade begins at corner of State Street and Court Street
1 pm - Gates Open for The Official Afterparty at Hal & Mal's
3 pm - Music Begins for The Official Afterparty at Hal & Mal’s (Tickets)
- 3 - 3:45 pm • Southern Komfort Brass Band
- 4 - 5 pm • FrazierBand
- 5:15 - 5:30 pm • Parade Trophy Presentation
- 5:45 - 7:25 pm • The Molly Ringwalds
- 7:40 - 10:10 pm • Mustache the Band
- 10:15 - 11:15 pm • The Collective ft. DJ Cadillac, DJ Uri, DJ Tam(and in between sets)
- Parking in the lot of the Welcome to Jackson mural at Pearl and State Streets is $60 per space for Friday (move in after 4:30 pm) and $30 for spaces remaining on Saturday (move in after 5 am). Payment is preferred by debit or credit but an ATM is close by for getting cash. The parade route near this lot will closed off at 10 am. Contact Patricia Collins SP Plus Parking at 601-354-3138.
- The Fairgrounds will be open this Saturday to provide parking for the St. Patrick’s Day Parade. Please enter through Gate 1 (located on Jefferson Street). Parking is $10.