MS Science Fest is September 16-18
Learn more about this educational family-friendly event.
The Mississippi Science Festival (MSF) is in-person and set for September 16-18 at the LeFleur Museum District (LMD) with special guest, Temple Grandin.
MSF celebrates careers in STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math) with a weekend of all-ages events across four museums – the Mississippi Sports Hall of Fame and Museum, the Mississippi Agriculture & Forestry Museum, the Mississippi Children’s Museum, and the MDWFP’s Mississippi Museum of Natural Science.
Grandin, a scientist and activist, will speak about her experience with science and agriculture at the MS Agriculture Museum, Friday, September 17 at 11 am, and at the Mississippi Children’s Museum, Saturday, September 18 at 11 am.
A complete list of activities, detailed at mssciencefest.org, includes:
- Science After 6 at the Ecoshed – Thursday, Sep 16 – 6-7:30 pm. Tickets are $15 and include bits and bytes by the Ecoshed Food Lab and out-of-this-world cocktails by Spacebar
- Field Trip Friday – Friday, Sep. 17 – 9 am – 1 pm. In partnership with MSF, the four LMD museums invite students to attend a day dedicated to promoting STEM subjects and increasing science literacy for field trip guests, including hands-on experiments, interactive exhibits, and classroom science lessons come to life.
- Grandin. Image: Rosalie Winard
- Keynote Speaker Temple Grandin – MS Agriculture Museum – Friday, Sep. 17 – 11 am | Mississippi Children’s Museum, Saturday, Sep. 18 – 11 am. Grandin’s talks will be followed by a Q & A and book signing from 1-2 pm each day.
- Mississippi Science Fest – Saturday, Sep. 18 – 9 am – 4 pm. All four LMD museums will host a day where children and families will have the opportunity to interact with nationally renowned STEM professionals, engage in hands-on activities, and explore exciting experiments and exhibits.
A free shuttle will be provided between museums, and food vendors will be onsite throughout the day at all museums.
Purchase a single ticket for Saturday’s festival and explore all four museums for one low price of $10. Exhibitors and activities will be at all four LMD museums.
Follow the fest on social:
Masks are recommended. Many activities are outside and social distancing is encouraged.