Visitor Industry Partners
Benefits for the Visitor Industry Partners (VIP)
The Jackson Visitor Industry Partnership is made up of all hotels, restaurants, attractions, public events and festivals, meeting facilities, retail sales venues, transportation services and other visitor services within the city limits of Jackson. Destination marketing benefits include the following:
- JCVB advertises all travel products in the City with Soul by paid advertising in print, electronic, and through broadcast media throughout the nation.
- The destination is promoted internationally through a partnership with Mississippi Development Authority, Tourism Division.
- JCVB actively promotes the destination through earned media in travel trade publications, regional and national consumer publications, broadcast media outlets, the Internet, and through public programs and events showcasing local products.
- JCVB produces and distributes eletters, newsletters, brochures and guides to promote the destination internationally.
- JCVB provides a promotional website with inclusive information promoting the destination and all products available to inbound tourists.
- JCVB operates a comprehensive social media marketing program.
- JCVB operates a web-based customer relations management program that provides pins and proprietary information to participating VIP. This state-of-the-art electronic program tracks and reports on all VIP communications. It enables the industry to maintain event and product information promoted on visitjackson.com and all printed guides.
- JCVB works in partnership with other local and state agencies and businesses to promote the destination through collaborative guide publications, web sites, and promotional events.
- Working in tandem with local hotels and meeting facilities, the JCVB sales staff aggressively markets Jackson them to meeting and convention planners nationwide.
- Hotels, meeting facilities, and restaurants receive regular leads on potential, future business identified by JCVB sales staff.
- JCVB provides specialized, complimentary services that meet the particular needs of meeting planners.
- Group tour operators and leaders are identified and targeted in order to obtain and assist inbound tour business for the city.
- Museums, outdoor attractions, festivals and events, performing arts, sports, and shopping are all promoted to enhance and complete the visitor’s experience.
- JCVB provides educational and informational programs benefitting the greater Visitor Industry Partnership.
- JCVB provides marketing partnership opportunities for the VIP in order to leverage increased resources and visibility in the region.
- JCVB maintains memberships in many tourism-related organizations to actively enhance and promote the Industry.